28,000 Jobs in Toronto
In early January 2011, approximately 28,000 job vacancies listed from across the Internet and gathered by Indeed Canada required workers in Toronto, Ontario.
WOW Jobs in Canada list quite a number of these jobs gathered by Indeed Canada and, in fact, opened its USA sister search engine WOWjobs.US on December 29, 2010 (listings 500,000 jobs). Indeed,com for USA listed 3,800,000 openings at the same time, but the Canadian Indeed search engine may have listings not found on Indeed USA.
The bulk of the jobs available in Toronto during Summer 2010 are within careers of Business, Finance, and Sales. Companies posting the largest numbers of jobs include banks, other financial institutions, and IT related businesses. This trend matches the predicted Job Futures for Toronto as far as the Businesses Servicespart of the forecasts reaches, as listed it the link below. Tourism seems to be on the increase - along with Canadian cruise line jobs- and should begin to fulfill the predictions for increases in Accommodations/Food Service from 2010, onwards.
See the link below for forecasts and a further city review of Toronto.
Federal and Provincial Job Forecasts to 2031
- Hot Job Futures in Ontaro Province
"Projecting Population and Employment to 2031 in a Mature Urban Area" provides a plan for continued development of Toronto City/GTA. Employment is expected to grow in Accommodations/Food Services, Education/Health, Govt, and Business Services.
Top Job Listers
- Sapphire Canada - IT staffing, division of Randstad staffing firm.
- Robert Half Technology - IT and Accounting staffing firm.
- Deloitte - Professional services staffing.
- The People Bank
- Bilingual Group
- BMO Financial Group
- Rogers Media
- RBC Financial Group
- Apple One - Staffing firm.
- TD Bank Financial Group
These top companies posting the most jobs are largely involved in
- Staffing/Temp services,
- Banking and Financial,
- Communications, and
- Business Services.
Top 10 Hot Job Titles
- Project Managers - These projects occur in several fields of business, as well as in Information Technology (IT) itself.
- Business Analysts
- Administrative Assistants
- Financial Analysts
- Bilingual Customer Service Representatives - French and English
- Assistant Managers
- Customer Service Representatives
- Executive Assistants
- Account Managers.
Additional job vacancies in High Demand job titles:
- Sales Associates (salesperson, sales clerks)
- Store Managers
- Senior Financial Analysts
- Avon Independent Sales Representative (independent contractor or IC)
- Sales Representatives - Inside and outside sales reps.